Rules for Submission for the Spring Issue
The theme for winter issue is “Myths”. Mythology has always been an important part of our lives, be it in the form of literature, or in seeping in and shaping our personal thoughts and beliefs. Myths have been there for ages, and have been acknowledged and treated like canons. But myths have also been created from time to time by us, be it in the form of propaganda, or be it in the form of very personal stories. Our next issue is dedicated to myths of all kinds, from the archaic to the folk to the postmodern to the personal. A retelling of a renowned myth or a telling of a new and unknown one – share your works inspired by them. The last date of submission is 05 April 2017.
- Those who are interested in sending us their write-ups and more can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your write-ups in Word file. Include your biography (short, not more than a hundred words) and a photo. Photo is not mandatory, but we prefer including it. Please mention in the subject of the email which category you are submitting to (e.g. poetry/ story/ drama/ flash fiction/ article/ essay/ review/ art/ uncategorized). And please give the writer’s or artist’s name and the title of the submission as the name of the word file, just to help us keep track.
- When you are sending poems, please send at least three; it gives us a chance to choose and select.
- Word limit is 3000 for prose and not more than 300 for flash fiction. There is no word limit for poetry.
- Please do not send multiple pieces belonging to separate genres, e.g. poems, stories, articles all together. Try to maintain one genre in one contribution; it makes things easier for us.
- We expect new and unpublished pieces from you. We have no objection whatsoever if you republish your piece. However, we expect you to attribute that it was first published in Prachya Review.
- Submission for the next issue is open till December 25 , 2016. If the submission is selected, the writer, poet, or artist will be notified by the editors.
- Please keep patience till the deadline is over. We will notify you about the selection as soon as we can. We are not paying for any writings or artworks but we hope one day we will. So bear with us, read our published issues, and give us your feedback about Prachya Review. For any queries contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com